At Liquid Trucking, we work as a family. With that being said, we owe credit to our diesel tech team who keeps our fleet operating smoothly and safely. Our diesel tech team works around the clock to ensure our trucks are running at their best. In this blog, we will talk about what our team does and how to join the crew.
What Does Our Diesel Tech Team Do?
The diesel tech team is responsible for maintaining and repairing trucks, or other equipment, that run on diesel fuel. At Liquid Trucking, our crew is made up of a variety of positions all of who serve different roles to keep us on track. Those positions include:
- Trailer Shop Manager
- Director of Truck Maintenance
- Truck Shop Foreman
- Truck Shop Technician
- Facilities Technician
- Inventory / Parts
On a daily basis, the diesel tech team is responsible for tasks, such as:
- Diagnostics – Use scan tools and diagnostic software to pinpoint problems taking place under the hood.
- Inspection – Execute comprehensive inspections of all major systems including the suspension, steering, brakes, exhaust system, and emissions.
- Repair – Perform thorough repairs needed to service the engine or replace damaged parts, amongst many other repairs.
- Maintenance – Complete standard maintenance routines such as oil changes, brake checks, wheel alignments, tire rotations, and fluid flushes.
Qualities of a Successful Diesel Tech Teammate
Those who carry out their respective duties are a true asset to the diesel tech team. Some of the qualities we look for in a candidate is:
- Knowledge – When hiring on to our diesel tech team, we expect new team members to have a thorough understanding of diesel engines and equipment as well as know how to keep them operating at their best.
- Problem Solving – Our crew must be able to think through issues quickly and effectively. They have to tackle difficult and unexpected situations while making level-headed decisions.
- Communication – Communication is key because the diesel tech team must be able to communicate with one another but also with the truck drivers and management. They have to be able to explain technical issues in a way that others can understand.
- Tech-Savvy – Technology is a part of our industry more than ever. As trucks and equipment become more computer-based and electronic, the crew must be comfortable working with these advances and adapting as technology evolves.
How to Join Our Diesel Tech Team
Liquid Trucking is consistently recruiting dedicated diesel and trailer technicians to our team. Experienced technicians can earn up to $80k with benefits! The requirements needed to apply:
- At least 2 years of Diesel Technician experience
- CDL preferred (not required)
- Must own basic set of tools
- Live within 30 miles of the terminal (Plattsmouth, NE and South Sioux City, NE)
To apply, click here or call 844-GO-TANKS!
Liquid Trucking is a bulk liquid carrier that has been operating for over 30 years. With our team’s experience and expertise, our customers can rest assured knowing that their load is in good hands. We proudly provide the highest quality liquid transport services out of the Midwest. To learn more about our company, please visit our website.