Truck driving can take a toll on your body. It requires long hours of sitting and eating meals on the go, which can lead to health problems such as obesity, heart disease, and diabetes. However, there is a way to combat these health risks and live a healthier life — a life with Livongo. Livongo is a holistic program that empowers people with health challenges to live better and do more.
So are you ready for healthier living as a truck driver? Get started with Livongo as it’s offered as a free addition to your Liquid Trucking healthcare plan. This means that you can get the support you need to manage your health without having to worry about the cost.
Health Issues in the Trucking Industry
Researchers from the National Library of Medicine reported that 35 chronic diseases and conditions are associated with sedentary behavior. Truck drivers are at high risk for developing these health issues because they sit up to eleven hours every day. According to a National Institute for Occupational Health and Safety study, 69 percent of long-haul truck drivers are classified as obese, and more than half of drivers reported having two or more health conditions or unhealthy behaviors. There’s no way to change the sedentary nature of the job, but taking the initiative to make smarter lifestyle choices can make a difference in your health and help you avoid unwanted health risks. It’s easy to get started with Livongo, and it will be a helpful resource to you as you address your health.
Manage Your Health Issues
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- And More!
Services and Programs Offered
Livongo offers a variety of services that can help you live a healthier life. These services include:
- Get matched to health programs like Diabetes Management, High Blood Pressure Management, Weight Management, Healthy Living & Diabetes Prevention, and Behavioral Health.
- Have access to supplies and tools to help you manage your health, such as connected meters, unlimited strips, and connected scales.
- Get 24/7 support from expert coaches.
- Have a personal health plan tailored to your unique needs.
- Get access to online tools and resources.
Healthy Lifestyle Tips for Truck Drivers
In addition to utilizing Livongo’s services, here are a few tips that you can follow to help you live a healthier lifestyle:
- Make time for physical activity: Even if it’s just a short walk around the truck stop or some simple exercises in your cab, getting your body moving is important.
- Eat healthily: Eating healthy meals and snacks is crucial for maintaining your health on the road. Planning ahead and packing healthy foods will help you make better choices when you’re hungry.
- Get enough sleep: Getting enough sleep is important for everyone, but it’s especially important for truck drivers. Make sure to get eight hours of sleep per night to stay alert and focused on the road.
- Manage stress: Stress can take a toll on your health, so it’s important to find ways to manage it. Taking breaks, listening to music, and talking to friends or family can help you relax and de-stress.
How to Get Started
There are a few ways to get started with Livongo as an added healthcare benefit. To get started, you can text “GO LIQUIDTRUCKING” to 85240 to learn more and join. You can also join by visiting Go.Livongo.com/LIQUIDTRUCKING/register or calling 800-945-4355 and using registration code: LIQUIDTRUCKING.
No more using the excuses of “I don’t know where to start, I don’t want to do it alone, or I don’t have the money” — Livongo is a trusted solution. Stop struggling to manage your health on your own. With Livongo, you can get the FREE support you need to make lasting changes. So what are you waiting for? Get started today and start living a healthier life.