Truck driving is one of the most important jobs in America. Truck drivers deliver the goods we need to live and work every day. From the food we eat to the clothes we wear, everything arrives on a truck at some point. And without truck drivers, our economy would grind to a halt.
These dedicated individuals work tirelessly to deliver the goods we rely on every day, and we are grateful for their contribution to our nation. During September 11-17, let’s all take a moment to thank a truck driver for their hard work for Truck Driver Appreciation Week.
Here’s a few interesting facts about truck driving that we wanted to share with you:
- The average commercial truck consumes 20.500 gallons of gasoline every year.
- Emissions from heavy trucks have been cut over 95% in the past two decades, due to EPA regulations.
- If you could line up all 16 million active U.S. trucks, they would reach the moon.
- Trucks need 40 percent more stopping time compared to cars
Wondering what you can do to show your appreciation? Here’s a few things you can do to:
- Show your appreciation with a handwritten note – A simple handwritten note is a great way to show your truck driver appreciation. You can drop it off at their truck, or mail it to them if they’re on the road.
- Buy them a meal – A hot meal is always appreciated, especially when truckers are on the road. You can buy them lunch or dinner, or even just a coffee and a snack.
- Give them a gift card – A gas card, restaurant gift card, or even a general Visa gift card is a great way to show your appreciation. They can use it when they’re on the road, and it’s always nice to have a little extra money to spend.
- Send them a care package – A care package is always appreciated, and it’s a great way to let them know you’re thinking of them. You can include snacks, drinks, toiletries, and other items that they might need or want on the road.
- Get creative with your community. Get a group together and make signs to put up along roads that truck drivers frequent. This is a fun way to show your appreciation for truck drivers as they pass by on their drives.
Whatever you do, take the time to let your drivers know how much you appreciate them. They work hard to keep your business running, and they deserve to be recognized for it.
It’s important to show our appreciation for truck drivers all year round. This job comes with a lot of responsibility and dedication. Drivers work long hours, often in difficult conditions. So next time you see a truck on the road, give them a wave and a smile. And if you know a truck driver, be sure to thank them for their hard work!