Welcome back to Liquid Trucking’s Frequently Asked Questions Series! As a new truck driver, you’re probably wondering what kind of truck you’ll be driving and the rules associated with being a truck driver. Well, you’re just in luck. Here are the answers to your FAQs about equipment.


What type of tractor will I drive?

Our fleet is mostly Freightliner tractors with some Volvo tractors. As a new driver, you would be assigned to a Freightliner tractor. 

Does the company have a slip seat policy?

No, your tractor will be yours. We do not slip seat. The only time we will switch your tractor is if yours breaks down. In that case, we will provide a spare to keep you moving and then move you back to yours once it’s repaired.



Do the trucks have APUs (Auxiliary Power Units)?

Yes, the fleet has either an APU, opti idle, or aftermarket system designed to accommodate the same purpose.

What amenities are trucks equipped with?

Most trucks are equipped with an APU or system for idling the truck. If you have additional items like a fridge, inverter, CB radio, microwave, etc., our shop will install these items for you during the training period. 

Does the company use satellite communication?

Yes, we use either Omnitracs or People Net in each of our tractors. 


Rules and Policies

Are passengers allowed? 

Yes, passengers over the age of 10 years old are allowed. 

Are pets allowed?

No, pets are not allowed. We want to keep all of our equipment very clean and well maintained. 

Do the trucks have cameras that face the driver or over the hood in front?

The newer trucks have dash cams that watch over the hood only.

Does the company have an idle policy?

Fuel is a high cost, so our policy is to only idle when required for the situation at the time. We give our drivers the freedom to manage this, and in addition to that, we pay a truck idle bonus to our drivers who do an excellent job with achieving this. The idle bonus can pay up to $2,600 per year.


How to Apply

If you’re interested in applying for a driver position at Liquid Trucking, head on over to the Application Page. Some important things to note before applying:

  • At least 1 year of Class A experience is preferred
  • Driving school grads and less than 1 year of experience are welcome to apply
  • We pay for and help you get your Tank and Hazmat endorsement necessary to work


Closing Thoughts

That wraps up our equipment FAQ, but be sure to check out our blogs about pay and home time! Liquid Trucking is a family-owned liquid transportation company located in the Midwest. We haul agricultural, hazmat, and food materials in the continental US and Canada. For more information, give us a call at 844-GO-TANKS!