We are excited to bring a workout space right to your place of work at Liquid Trucking.
You can find the new fitness center upstairs in the new Admin building.
There are common barriers to exercise: physical health, boredom, motivation, willpower, lack of confidence in knowing what to do, time and convenience. We know taking the time to drive to a gym before or after work or on your lunch break is both time-consuming and inconvenient. We hope you will take advantage of having this gym at your disposal. Not only do we encourage it, we are happy to help you with any barriers and limitations so you can incorporate some sort of exercise into your wellness routine.
Liquid Trucking Gym Equipment:
Cardio Life Fitness Treadmill
Fairly self-explanatory softer walking/running deck than what you’re used to!
Echalon Bike with multipurpose monitor
The monitor on this bike can be flipped to face outwards. This allows you to watch an instructor teach workouts that are non-bike related, such as lifting and yoga. I have not played with this feature much, but plan to. You start by creating a profile and it walks you through a bike workout or otherwise. This could be a great tool for a beginner especially. Following a workout like this usually encourages us to do more reps do a more complete workout. Watch review
Weights: Half Rack with Pulley
The half rack can accommodate many lifts, but the 3 most popular will be the squat, bench press and lat pull-down. These multi joint lifts provide a lot of bang for your buck when it comes to exercise pay offs.
Dumbbells offer the greatest range of motion and variety for lifting. If you are a beginner, maybe the dumbbells are overwhelming. We can discuss how you can learn to use these tools.
Free Motion Machine
This machine is a cable machine. The advantage of a cable is that you have resistance on both the extension and flexion of the exercise.
• Independently Rotating Arms: Each arm rotates vertically in 12 settings and horizontally in 9 settings to accommodate virtually any movement pattern. Arms are counterbalanced for easy positioning.
• Swivel Pulleys: Pulley design ensures fluid cable travel and provides nearly unlimited range of motion.
• Cable Travel: Extensive cable travel allows for full exercise range of motion. Single arm: 89″. Two arms: 89″.
• Weight Stacks: Two weight stacks of 210 pounds each are independent, allowing two people to work out at the same time. Innovative 3-to-1 cable ratio provides extensive cable travel and smooth resistance when performing high speed movements.
• Industrial Construction: Designed after the commercial FreeMotion Dual Cable Cross, this machine is constructed from 7- and 11-gauge steel tubing and is electrostatically powder-coated.
• Ankle Cuff: For lower-body exercises, the included ankle cuff is padded with velcro for comfortable, secure placement.
Benches (2), Box for step ups, and barbells
Future of the gym space
We want your input! What is on your wish list? I plan to order two mats for floor exercises, equipment wipes and a table to set drinks down/write notes.
Where to start?
I would recommend 20-40 minutes of mild-moderate cardio exercise 3 times per week and 3 sessions of weight training per week for maximum results. Just remember that you will see and feel results by just doing something for 20-30 mins 2-3 times per week. This may seem like a lot, but that’s just 30 minutes out of your day.
I have used Nike Training app in the past. It’s free and helpful.
Online weight training programs
Thank you for your attention and input. Please reach out to me so we can continue this conversation. I would be happy to do some group coaching for the females especially. Maybe we can set up a time in the coming weeks to go over this stuff in person. Happy Training!